Sunday, November 15, 2009

Somehow...

I find myself pulling an all-nighter again to write a paper. I feel like I've had many of them so far this semester . I want to say I hate them (and I would much rather be in bed right now), but there's something to love about having the night, those countless dark hours to be alone, hence me taking the time to write this really unnecessary post.

I love the idea of floating in the in-between, one foot in yesterday, one in tomorrow. Thoughts that are suppressed or dulled down in the daytime are suddenly brought to life and sharpened and start buzzing around. It can be kind of annoying because you can start worrying about things that don't need to be worried about.

The paper I'm attempting to write isn't stressing me out. I know I'll get it together on time, and I'm pacing myself slowly and drinking lots of coffee so as not to rush and make it sloppy.

The truth is, this paper just isn't what's on my mind and it's certainly not sinking in as a priority. Life is overwhelmingly distracting and just seems to create this thick cloud that I can't see past in order to have the clarity needed to do things like schoolwork. My mind is like a tarnished spoon in need of a good polish. Sometimes the love I have for my studies just fades and it's only through prayer that I find the strength to press on and truly work from my heart.

So, here I am again, sitting up with one Kim Walker song playing over and over and over...and I know that somehow the night will end and eventually my thoughts will calm down enough for the stupid paper to get finished. Somehow tomorrow always comes.

1 comment:

  1. It's so true. I love those hours when everyone else is asleep and the place is quiet. All you can hear are your own thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete